The Trump Man



This image came to me a couple months shy of a year ago, when the Republican Party primaries hadn't had much of a start. An anonymous fan with photoshop had whipped this up and posted it on Reddit, and another fan had sent it to me. How did I feel about it? What is the word for a feeling of flattered delight reaching a crescendo while throwing up in one's mouth? That.

After watching the first debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, I found myself thinking back to that picture, and realized that I'd never given it the place it deserved here in the Yard.

It is, of course, a play on the cover of this book, Monstrous Affections:



And it is illustrative, in more ways than one, of my short story "The Sloan Men," which leads off Monstrous Affections and is also available to read right here

I hope this helps.